5.15.2007

RIVERBANK RUN 2007!!



Last weekend Justin and I ran our hearts out at the Riverbank Run in Grand Rapids. We ran 15.5 miles (25K) and both finished with no problems. After 6 months of training, it feels great to have the race over. The night before the race we were able to enjoy a pasta dinner with our friends who were also running and I was reminded how important it is to enjoy all aspects of life in community.

What a joy to know that many of our closest friends trained with us and on their own all the with the same goals. Who knows if I will ever run another race but it did remind me that taking care of our bodies is Spiritual. Being healthy is a way of praising God and knowing more about Him. I continue to be amazed at how everything I do leads me closer to my creator.

Hopefully we will have more pictures to post as we get them from our committed cheering fans! Thanks to all who came out to cheer us on!

3 Comments:

At 9:27 PM, Blogger Scott Pontier said...

way to go... always been a dream of mine!! thanks for your comment & support - we appreciate you guys!

 
At 11:13 AM, Blogger Lindsay said...

congrats, guys! you all look great...i can't wait to see you!

 
At 11:45 AM, Blogger John said...

less than 11 miles more for a marathon....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home