11.02.2006




This weekend Justin and I went up to Traverse City to celebrate my birthday (I am now a quarter century and 1/2 way to 50). It was such a great time. On Sunday we spent the day driving home and visited Ludington, Silver Lake, and Grand Haven. If you have a chance to read his post, that would be great. I thought I would put some pictures of what we saw and how is sparked our thoughts and feeligs about life on my blog so you can have a visual.

As we watched the waves (Nick you would have wanted to surf) crash against the piers and rocks, it truly moved us. I haven't seen anything so beautiful in a long time. Everytime the waves crashed against the rocks it left a rainbow. We tried to capture them by picture but weren't able to do it. What a wonderful reminder that God was there....right there with us, next to us, loving us, and enjoying us--All at the same time. Life seemed to just stop while we reflected on how God is present in all situations and keeps His faithful promises to us.

It is one thing to spend the weekend with the one you love most, but then knowing that God was there with us, made the experience so much more powerful and beautiful.

I leave you with a quote I heard today in class.....
"We must be the change we want to see in the world." Gandhi
This really sparked my mind as I sit in class all day today.

2 Comments:

At 3:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I loved the pictures!

 
At 2:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

those pictures are amazing

 

Post a Comment

<< Home